Pages

112 - A stranger

Interesting topic #06

The moment I step out from the main door of my house the world will soon bombard me with strangers. Why would you call someone a stranger. That is rather mean and hurtful. Why can't you call the stranger a man or a girl or the guy with a tuxedo or something. Even if we call them something else, deep down right behind our wondering path of thought our mind calls him/her a stranger. A stranger would be a really painful word to be described as.

If I were to talk about a stranger, I couldn't begin to describe how many I've seen throughout the day. But everytime I notice one there's this thought which asks to myself, "What if this person really exists in my life.How would his life be like? Does he work?Does he have family issues?Is her family environment the same as mine?" I want to know more about the unknown secret of their storybook. It would be so rude of me, but I want to pry into their issues because I doubt the very existence of myself. Maybe I am a stranger to myself. Maybe I'm a stranger prying into other stranger's lives. Maybe that's just how I am.

But what I've learnt so far is that, you could be a stranger to someone really quickly. It's either you become a stranger to someone or you convince yourself that you're not a stranger to a person. The thing is, I used to be so sure of the people I knew. To me, I felt like I knew every single thing about them but actually I don't at all. Perhaps I was convincing myself that I was NOT a stranger to them because I felt lonely and afraid to be one. But the truth always comes out at the end and I knew that I was nothing more important than a stranger. Or more likely, a stranger wearing a costume. People don't remember normal people that easily but what do you define normal? People don't remember quiet people that easily but how do you define someone as quiet? Just because someone isn't a serious person doesn't mean she doesn't think about serious stuff. Just because I laugh it doesn't mean I'm happy. Just because I tell jokes it doesn't mean I don't know anything other than jokes. Just because I don't usually describe how I feel it doesn't mean I don't have feelings. People make assumptions. Assumptions which put them in the state where they think that life is going the right way. Assumptions, makes people think they know what's going on but sometimes, they don't.

I thought.I assumed I knew who they were. But now I look back and what runs through my mind is..hell no, I don't know you at all. I don't know any of you. Assuming brings pain sometimes. Assuming I was no stranger was painful. You could call someone your bestfriend but the moment someone asks you "what's your best friend's parents occupation?" . You have no idea. The moment someone asks you.. "What's her favourite fashion sense to wear?" You hear silence. I'm not saying you have to know your BFF's parent's occupation or fashion sense..I'm just saying that assumptions can bring us that far to think we know someone when we don't.

I still make assumptions. I feel like I know this person when I don't know that much about him/her at all. Just because we talk a lot..it feels as though we know each other a lot but when I think backwards i ask myself.. "did what we just talk about bring me one step closer to knowing something about you?" Because I feel like I don't know anyone. There's this part of me that whispers... You're only a stranger, a person, a source of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment