Pages

087 - When would you call someone your bestfriend/boyfriend?

Yes, I was meaning to write a post on this topic until I was distracted by something I could not remember clearly. Well, it just occurred to me that I've totally forgot about this topic which I was going to write about. :)

When do you start calling someone your best friend?
or
When do you start calling someone your boyfriend?

This issue has been lingering at the side my mind for my whole life yet I have never thought about giving it a deeper thought. Society has so many different point of views towards this issue of having a status in a relationship affair a.k.a a title in a relationship.

I've always been concerned about calling someone my best friend because of the fact that the other side might not think of you in that way. But it is funny how in a relationship, you just end up calling each other besties. Would it be like an emotional connection in between minds? and somehow the title just works itself into a relationship?
However when I think about it logically, a risk must be taken by someone to start the topic of calling her friend a "bff" in order for this change in status to occur.

The same goes for calling someone your boyfriend.
If you start dating someone would you already be calling him your boyfriend?
When I transitioned into this society, I learnt that that is what they do which put me in a bit of a cultural shock.
But it wasn't really irrational to do so because when someone asks you to go out with him it means he's confessing , and when you accept you probably gained the status of being his "girlfriend"

Often time, people are oblivious in a relationship and most of the time they'd rather not talk about this issue. But if you're going to have a special relationship with someone, I think it ought to be given some serious attention to when you start calling someone with a special title. Some people rather not do so because they fear that they might end up in a somewhat, awkward conversation like..

B: So...should I call you my girlfriend now?
G: Uhh...well..I don't know.
B: Ohh..okay.
*awkward silence*


Another problem is also because each side isn't being completely honest to the other. If a girl says "I don't know" what would she mean!?
I assume some males find it rather irritating and stupid for a girl to give that kind of answer. They'd probably be thinking.. "After all the effort I went through to ask you that question you just give me a pure blank answer?!"

I think males would prefer a straight forward answer, after all....if you're going to be his girlfriend he should know how you feel. Or are you just going to act shy and not have an opinion?
I'd rather not. Same goes for the opposite reaction.

Of course it would take a bit more courage to pull forth your point of view towards something like that, but would you go a bit further to express the truth?

Or just let a misunderstanding happen? You choose.
That's what I think. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment