Pages

080 - Am I a NERD?

Hello peeps! As I was passing my someone's blog, I read this post about being a nerd. And stated there was a definition of what a nerd is from Wikipedia. Curious, I shall....take this test TO FIND OUT WHETHER I AM AN ULTIMATE NERD...or not?

According to Wikipedia, a nerd is:

-A person who avidly pursues intellectual activities, technical or scientific endeavors, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests, rather than engaging in more social or conventional activities.
Social and conventional activities? Hmmmmmm. I don't really like socializing unless I'm in the mood or unless I "click" with the person. Or..unless the person talks to me first. Is drawing and obscure interest?! I don't like socializing when I'm drawing so don't ask me to stop drawing just to talk to you. Yes, I have an attitude when it comes to that. Tee hee

-The nerd may be awkward, shy and unattractive.
AWKWARDDD. Yes, totally awkward without 2 or more people. Shy? Am I shy?! TELL MEEEEE. TELL ME NAOOO. *takes knife* I'm not pretty, so i'll tick on that.

-A nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people.
I think I was like this last year. I still don't engage in much physical activities in school (Australia). I like running. No ball games. AND OF COURSE I WOULD LOVE TO ASSOCIATE WITH LIKE MINDED PEOPLE. WHO WOULDN'T? Uhh, right?

-The stereotypical nerd is intelligent but socially and physically awkward.
Uhm. Not intelligent. I have average brain power.
Yes, I am physically awkward especially when it comes to dancing.
Socially? You could say that. Sometimes.

-Nerds may show an interest in activities that are viewed by their peers as stupid and immature for their age, such as trading cards, comic books, television programs, films, role-playing games, video games and other things relating to fantasy and science fiction.
Is anime immature? Kingdom Hearts? PS2 games?
IT'S NOT. YOU GUYS ARE TOO MATUREEEE. I liek cartoons too.
AND DISNEY~

-Nerds are often portrayed as physically unfit and either obese or very thin.
I am not very thin not obese. But I don't exercise so I'm very unfit. *grins*

-While nerds are not necessarily asexual, they are typically depicted as having difficulty attracting sexual partners and may actually be experiencing involuntary celibacy. Reasons may include shyness or especially lack of conversational skills outside of certain subjects of interest.
Uhuhurhurrr. I kinda lack conversational skill outside subject of interest, i think?
AM I GOING TO BE SINGLE?! *gasp*

I feel like I tick a little bit on almost every statement. D:
HOW? HOWWWW. Does that meaaan...
I am just wasting my time jeeeezzz.
I was going to make an anime review blog to practice my english. I guess that didn't make it.


No comments:

Post a Comment