Pages

154- life, the world and nails

In this city, 
As long as I can see the sky,
As long as it does not dissapear,
There might be hope for the future.
Look how time has passed! I thought it's time to write a little update post. (More like a post because I'm sick and tired of writing essays for my uni assignments and waiting for InDesign to install on my laptop). But uni has been a "so-so" experience for me. No boys. No drama. Just me trying to pass my units. As side note, I wouldn't mind having some of those experiences. I mean, it's good to have drama once in awhile hey? Keeps life interesting and surprising. However, I have no luck in that area. 

But something struck me today at work. I am known to be..well, somewhat dirty minded. I'm sure we've all been there one time or another. When you talk sick jokes with yer' mates (FF. Like I would sound that Australian). It's normal but sometimes me and my friends do it a bit more openly and frequently that most "normal" people do. How do you define "NORMAL" anyway? Anyway a conversation came  up at work with a colleague. I don't work on Sundays because I have church. To cut the conversation short, the person said "Yet you're so dirty minded.(jokingly)" after the mention of I don't work on Sundays which made me think and feel sad at how the world views religion(Christianity in general). Maybe not the world, but some part of society.

Does being a Christian mean I am somewhat closer to an angel than a human being? Does it mean I don't drink, I don't have urges and I have less sexual hormones being released? No. I am the same as every single one of you. Christians are the same as every other member of society. They are made of flesh, they have the same body processes, they have a brain and they live as HUMAN BEINGS. We are not immortal nor are we more privileged to go to heaven. Yet society sees things in such close minded ways. The world judges.

For me, being a Christian is not about Heaven, or going to church or the things I do. I can tell you that there are far kinder people than me that are not Christians. I am a Christian because I love something. This something is who I believe in. (or what society might call God. And sometimes wouldn't even regard Him as a person) But He is someone I love and believe. Because when I look at the sky and the trees and the world I see how much power and time He spent on us. Because I love how he designed the world. How he makes the sky feel so near yet so far. How He made rain look like diamonds of sadness followed by the joy of a rainbow. Because when I  look at my life, I feel so thankful to have been placed in a family. To have food on my table. And best of all, to be born without even having to look for Him. I am not as innocent as I seem. I may have done things that are wrong. 

Like all of you, I am human. I do things that all humans do at some point. I disobey my parents, rebel, drink, lie, lust after..but that's why I am a Christian. That is why I believe in this God because if I hold on to something I believe, I might just have to strength to change. Religion, is not a ritual. It's a guide to life. Like a map, you have to read it and decide which direction you will go. It can give you hints..from the least to the most obvious but at the end of the day you have to believe in it to reach your destination. I'm not saying believing Jesus. I'm talking about any kind of belief/religion. People won't stray as long as they have something to believe in. As long as they look for a God/believe in a God..someday they will find the real God to them. Be it when they die or when they're 30 years old, everyone has their own God. And because they believe in such things shouldn't be the reason why they are not allowed to be human.



 Before I end, here are my nails. kekeke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment