Pages

134 - My prayer


This silent night, no choir bells sing.
No ringing answered, not one word uttered.
Yet, meaningless it seemed to me because I gain no comfort;
From their voices and words, carefully structured.

I crouched and wept my heart out.
Five minutes of weeping gushing streams,
And silence. I stopped.
Quiet sniffs and a blocked pipehole.
I'm fine now, because you know.

You know Lord, you know
Of ten minutes ago;
The grieve of my father
The cry of his sorrow.

The mutterings of my mother,
Her fragile forlorn heart.
Her cries, her weeps, her moans, her tears;
An occasion I normally hear.

You know that I don't know..
Why I'm crying, these kind of tears?
What I'm scared of, the coming years?
Who I care for, which dears?

You know and that is why I come to you because...
It's you Lord, it's you
Who knows how if feels.
It's you Lord, it's you
Who watches the future and tells us to,
Keep our faith and strength in You
Lean on your understanding and now our own.
Cry on your shoulder, the one who sits on the throne.

There is only one saviour like you,
The one I need. The one we all need.
I can only depend on you.
So guide me, lead me and hear my laments;
In the precious name of the Father, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. EH evelyn can i go sell ur poem :P




    JOKES SUCH A GOOD POEM LEH

    ReplyDelete