Pages

when it was once merry

A few days ago I looked through my child photos.
It's nostalgic.

When I look back, I notice so many things that have changed.
The wrinkles that has appeared on my grandparents and parents faces.
The once empty house which did not have this and that in the spaces.
The laughter, bullshit, tantrums, arguments, and homely sounds that we could hear.

It's something that I miss. What happened to the Christmas tree that we would put up every year?

I could still remember the jumping around and arguments of who would put the star up.(Which was actually a dove) Which ornaments we would like to hang up. How to put in base stand which always confused us. What happened to putting presents underneath the Christmas tree? What happened to listening to the fireworks? Staying up till 12 to wish someone a Merry Christmas..

Without noticing..all of that seemed to have disappeared.
When people grow older things like these are forgotten.
The mind to do pointless fun stuff slowly disintegrates.
The ability to laugh because of something silly does not exist.

I think I slowly understand why grandparents can't wait for grandchildren. Perhaps they simply want to feel the same atmosphere once again. For the last 3 years, Christmas had no tree. No firework seeing. No loud talking. No presents underneath the Christmas tree. No present shopping. The main point of Christmas is Christ..but sometimes, I would really like to feel the feeling of home once again. At least one where everyone is in it. But I think that is just selfish of me :)

Btw, sorry for the horrible header. I'll try and put up something proper when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment