Pages

156: Lessons learnt and to be learnt




So as the year 2013 is creeping to an end I revisit the publishing section of my Blogger account. Can you believe that I actually typed "2012" before realizing that it's supposed to be the end of 2013. My brain hasn't even processed 2012! 

2013 has been such an adventure for me. When I first approached the  year I didn't expect anything out of it. Let's face it; I was too stuck in my own comfort of lazyness and had given up all hope on the better improvement of myself because my last New Years resolution post was for the year 2012(Which I did not do very well at). It's stupid because I write resolutions down and nothing gets done. After a few weeks all is forgotten. But I'm proud to say that after a one year delay I have achieved a fair bit of my list from 2012. 

2013 started off with a flight to Bali with my two sisters and a few other girls. I'm proud to say that I took some of my best shots there simply because there was so much to take photos of and people don't really mind because we are tourists afterall.

Stalking kid behind me on the airplane before take off

Buffet lunch overlooking a volcano. Amazing satay.

Watching sunsets and temples

There was however one thing that I didn't feel comfortable with and that was the tremendous amount of monster statues everywhere which made me feel really unsafe. Moving on, a few things that I have achieved this year from my previous list: 


Get by 20k pageviews by the end of the year 
Yep, took a little bit longer and I didn't get it done by the end of 2012 but I got there.

 Learn new awesome art programs

Forced to do After Effects stuff in first sem. Hmm.

Revive my relationship with God. It's been dry for the last few months. I tell myself to start changing but I stay the same. It's that phase of desperation once again but I'll get through it.

Yes, the hardest one in the checklist has come to pass.

You see, this year was great but the wall that has been between me and God has been there a long time. And no matter how much I enjoy life the most important aspect of my life was not okay at all. This year was a year a miracles and experiences. It was the next stepping stone. The next big change. The next transition in my life to continue growing in Christ and as a person. And not only did I receive spiritual fulfillment I also experienced so many different subjects in my photography and had the chance to go and visit new places with such wonderful loving people. All this in itself has helped me develop as a person.



For the first time I was given the chance to shoot babies without stalking them. 
Everytime I look at these I'm amazed at how pure and innocent they are.
When they smile and love they depict such joy. Joy that is not tainted by the world.


I had the chance to visit places with friends and family and had so much fun just being able to spend time when them
and also admire the beauty of creation.

Whether it be participating in events that tire you out or going out to try a new cuisine,
 all these has really shaped me and taught me how to love people a little better than before.








I've also taken some of the proudest shots I've ever taken of this  awesome black person. I'm really thankful for her willingness to model for me with standing under the hot sun and being super harshly straightforward about her poses. From being one of the first person I chose to patronize with my bulky dslr(Sunshine). I've learnt so much in my photography and I hope I continue to learn a lot more in the future years to come. 



Now before I forget, art has been progressing fairly slowly. It is still part of me and my life but it is one that I
can't control. It consumes me. And thus in my list for the year 2014:
  • To be consumed by God instead and to be able to be led by the spirit in my art instead of being controlled by art.
  • To read the whole bible in a year
  • Learn to love people more 
  • Gym more so I can develop a some pecs
  • Upgrade my camera gear even further( I need a new body with better ISO performance)
  • Finish learning how to drive without dying/killing someone.

Before I end this post, here's a progressive chart to rid myself of how little I've drawn this year. HARHAR. Makes me feel awful but opens up my eyes to see how much more I need to do next year.
Wishing all a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! Truly lovely <3 Love your shots as well as your artworks! :D
    Merry Christmas in advance, Eve! Keep up the good work :))

    ReplyDelete