Pages

141 -When we rebel

Tape it back together by Yuumei on deviantART

Divorce. Tearing apart. Separation. Do you know how it feels?

There are children in this world. Families. Parents that agree on the bitter choice of separation. Some people are alright with this idea. Others, not. Going through the actual substantial event is different from picturing it in our lives. The impact is completely different. The thoughts. The visions. The feelings.

I may not have a history of experiencing a divorce but I know of a similar feeling. The feeling of something precious being thrown and broken in pieces. One minute life seems solid and the next it is shattered and fragmented. I've been gifted with parents that are still together but I'm missing something that I used to have;Family. Or perhaps if only seemed to existed. The Lord gives but he has the ability to take away. And what he breaks is for a valid reason. To learn, to improve, to refine, to mould, to shape as of a work of art. To create something more beautiful and inspiring.

Parents. You may not have the best. I've seen more than enough disasters in relation to mine. You glance with envy of that neighbour's family. It all seems so sweet and you ask yourself..why is mine a bit out of place? Why am I treated in this way? Why do I have to endure this?
You start rebelling. Foul words uttered without concious thought and anger that boils. Bleak bitterness. You're tired. Exhausted.

You're hurt inside. Then I seek. For answers. Words of wisdom. Knowledge. Understanding.

He speaks,

"Children, obey your parents in everything for this pleases the Lord"

I said to myself no matter how hurt I am. How much I am looked down upon and cursed. And how much discouragement I have received I will seal my lips when my rebellious nature creeps. Because I'm not doing it to admit defeat against my superiors nor to show how obedient I am to them. It is the fact that I am doing this because I want to please the Lord who created me in his image. I want to be shaped and moulded like a piece of art. When He puts pressure I will receive it like clay being handled by the potter. There is no reason for me to cry tears of sorrow because from today onwards I will shed tears of joy. Joy because I'm one step closer to being a worthy child of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you can see it from a the perspective everyone should, in these kind of issues. I myself never had a perfect family to start with, so I know how hard it is that you must have felt and endured. Be strong in Christ Jesus, and surely I will not stop praying for you too. ;)

    ReplyDelete